About Me

My photo
I write novels, eat dark chocolate, raise three children, love my husband, scrub toilets, ignore the laundry, and love a good story, but hardly ever in that order.

OPERATION BONNET

STRETCH MARKS

Powered by Blogger.

ACT TWO

BOTTOM LINE

BALANCING ACT

Monday, November 12, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Hi, there.

I've missed you people. I did need some time away, and please don't take it personally. I find you all very kind, very patient, and never once have I needed to clear your dirty dishes. You're perfect, really. But I needed to finish a novel, and thanks be to God, I did! WOOT WOOT and WOOTY WOOT. The Child is currently with my agent, who is shopping it around to publishers.

I know that sounds like Chip has a sheath of papers in a grocery cart and is trolling the streets of Manhattan, but he assures me it's much more professional than that. Less speedy, but more professional. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, nothing gets a girl back to blogging like this backyard vision:




That's correct. Chuckles is back. He loves me. He follows me, even when I move to a different house. He eats the foliage of any plant but roses. And he looks at me like I'm bothering him when I run out on the deck and scream at his little furry face.


But I think I speak for both of us when I say, darn it, we've missed you. Glad to be back.

6 comments:

  1. Erin, the Fiercest of all Beagles!

    So good to see you, too. Where's the rough draft I'm eager to read? ;) I know you are with child. And I am THRILLED for you, your uterus, your boys, all beagles. So don't write yet. But know I'm ready and waiting.

    k

    p.s. Your "Mark my words" conversation from last Monday is nothing short of perfect. Mark 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laughs. We smile whenever we think of you. Sherry and John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckles stories make me laugh. However, Chuckles himself is actually kind of yucky! :)

    ReplyDelete